Monday, January 14, 2008

I...Uh...What?

Two things I want to add about yet another day in sports I (again) missed.

1. In general, I dislike the NBA. Sunday was the exception as two great, young and exciting teams squared off in the Blazers and Raptors. The owners of the past two number one overall draft picks squared off in a double OT thriller that saw the Torontosaurus' come out victorious. Although I (along with others), think that the season is eons to long and the post season wraps up about a week before the tip of a new season, the NBA has potential with good young teams like this. It is what the other professional sports, that are currently being monopolized by a few teams, lacks.

2. Philip Rivers and Eli Manning were traded on draft day about four years ago and now find themselves with the opportunity to face each other in the Super Bowl. While I find the possibility of one making it to be daunting (both would be impossible, sorry), you could not genetically create two more different people. Eli is emotionless to a fault sometimes and his lack of vocal authority has been the topic of more than a few 'Barber Shop' conversations. On the other turn of the hand is Rivers who finds no problem becoming involved in heated tirades with fans and fellow mediocre QB's. Two thumbs way up to the guy that gave Rivers the finger(s) after the Colts defeat, for not only letting Rivers know that he was not the reason they won that game, but as kind of a "Thanks for letting the Patriots have an easier road to the Super Bowl," from the rest of us.

I will leave with this memo to former UK standout, Marlon McCree; Should you get an interception against Brady this year in a closely contested game- Please go down, immediately!

5 comments:

Kelly Coleman said...

I just saw the clip of T.O. crying!

Would anything be greater than for Jeff Garcia to call him a homosexual?

Tristan Davis said...

Remember that time T.O. committed suicide?

Kelly Coleman said...

That was when I had just started living by myself and did not have cable, so I had to rely on ESPN Radio for the bulk of my sports updates. It was about three o'clock in the morning, I had to go to class the next day and was going over SPA 101 in my head when this story broke. Needless to say that I had to redo all of the studying because all I could think of was 'All Night','Mike & Mike' and 'the Herd' telling me about T.O.'s death.

Frankly, one of the top three worst days in my life. No kidding. Their overblown coverage of that story made me want to kill myself.

Tristan Davis said...

I agree, I was sick and tired of that story after about 5 minutes.

I actually thought it was pretty big of T.O. to stand up for his QB. At the very least, it was shocking to see someone who has trademarked the phrase "I love me some me" act like he cares about his teammates. It might have all been an act, but I'm willing to believe he has at least a shred of decency. I still dont like him and probably never will, but I did appreciate the gesture of him defending his boy.

And to answer your original question, the best thing in the world would be for Jeff Garcia aka "The Squirreliest QB in the NFL" to call him a homosexual.

JDB said...

Hey, I had forgotten about the time T.O. committed suicide. That was nuts.