Saturday, December 22, 2007

Song of the Day

Song: "Mr. Pharmacist"
Artist: The Fall
Album: Bend Sinister (1986)

Given my chosen profession, I have a bit of a bias toward this particular song. But that doesn't mean that it isn't a great tune from a great punk band that often doesn't get the proper recognition that it deserves. And while it's true that the "pharmacist" in this song may practice a slightly different kind of medicine than I do, he was probably a lot cooler than me. Hell, Mark E. Smith wrote a song about him, and to my knowledge, there are no songs about me.



Best line: "Hey Mr. pharmacist, I’ll recommend you to my friends. They’ll be happy in the end."

2 comments:

Tristan Davis said...

I'm pretty sure Matt and Cody actually wrote a song about you at one point. Maybe not so much "about you" but you were at least mentioned in it.

Clyde Coleman said...

I need to hear this song.