Friday, December 21, 2007

Song of the Day

Today's song of the day brings me back to high school. Ah, the days of bad haircuts and infinite awkwardness. Luckily, amidst all of that nonsense I found some great music. "New Noise" by Swedish band Refused made an immediate impression on me. It was released on 1998's The Shape of Punk to Come...perhaps the most appropriately titled album ever. I shudder to think what this band could have accomplished had they stayed together. That entire album was filled with raw energy and emotion. It was the sound of a band doing something rather than just saying something. It was loud and raucous, yet still complex and sophisticated. This one never fails to get me fired up. Enjoy!



Best line: "Great words won't cover ugly actions, good frames won't save bad paintings"

No comments: