Saturday, November 24, 2007

Paste Magazine Interviews Ryan Adams


The fine folks at Paste Magazine recently did an exclusive interview/covershoot with the one and only Ryan Adams. In the interview, Adams discusses the upcoming 5-disc box set, interacting with fans during shows, recording new tunes, and how he sometimes "visualizes" the music during jams. It's a great read for anyone who's a fan of Adams' work. You can check it out here.

After you're finished reading the interview, come back and check out this great performance by Ryan and the Cards from a recent appearance on The Late Show with David Letterman. First, the band plays heart-wrencher "How Do You Keep Love Alive", which destroys me every time I hear it. Then they take over Dave's desk and cheer me back up with a breezy rendition of "Pearls On a String". Good stuff.

1 comment:

Kelly Coleman said...

Cool article. I am so glad to hear some positive stuff come out his camp for once. I've loved the man for as long as I can remember now, but it was getting very old taking up for some of his "rock 'n roll" actions. Addictions aside I do think that maybe he has relapsed a bit if he's visualizing the music. If that's not the case then I offer my apologies and wonder why he did them in the first place. Anyways, can't wait for that box set and Hooray! Ryan Adams.