Monday, March 10, 2008

Song of the Day

Song: "Daft Punk Is Playing At My House"
Artist: LCD Soundsystem
Album: LCD Soundsystem (2005)

What? This hasn't already been Song of the Day? I checked the archives before posting this, and it's true. Somehow I've managed to maintain a blog for several months now without posting this tune. What can I say about James Murphy, frontman and mastermind behind LCD Soundsystem that hasn't already been said? He has the upmost versatility as an artist, with the ability to both stretch the limits of creativity musically while managing to write thoughtful lyrics that the listener can still relate to. "Daft Punk..." is simple and playful. It's a hook-laden romp about everyone's favortie French house/electro duo playing a show at Murphy's house...an undoubtedly false story, but fun as hell nonetheless.



The band's 2007 album Sound of Silver was my #3 favorite album of last year. Check out this energetic live performance of All My Friends, one of the album's standout tracks.

No comments: